Friday, May 12, 2017

Band

     As none of you know, I am in band. I play the trombone, I'm in second chair. Chairs are basically a ranking system ie. first chair is the best and so one. We have recently had a concert that included the 7th and 8th grade band and strings. And. That single word could have ended my existence without even trying. We had practicing separate for more than four months on a very unknown piece of music called The Hobbit. All the kids, 7th and 8th alike, had finally gotten together two days before we were performing the piece at our concert on May 2, two days before my birthday, we'll talk about that subject later. We sounded... alright... I guess. But we probably could've done with a few more practice days all together.

The night had come upon us.

According to thy band parliament: one mustn't arrive any later than exactly 1 hour early to get ready. Yeah, I didn't do that.
I arrived almost 30 minutes late to the concert.
Parents were already filing into the building looking very "happy" to be at a two hour concert of poorly played and very under practiced "music". My band director gave me a angry yet somewhat concerned look. I sat down in the spot I had been assigned hours before. Once all the parents had been placed in one of the three rows that the pristine highschool gymnasium had to offer we began to play. It went well enough for parents not to be dissatisfied but also not impressed. To add a little extra pizzaz to the concert a certain clarinet player squeaked on the very last note.

Comment below if I should do more of these types of stories! I know this one wasn't very eventful but that word basically describes my life; uneventful. But if you liked this leave a comment and give me suggestions!



                                                                                  From,
                                                   Your friendly neighborhood Wilhelm Schnotz

13 comments:

  1. I forgot to add this in the post but would you guys like to see pictures or no pictures on my posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, more please. I think writing about unevents is the most interesting kind of writing! Only a really good writer can really pull it off, by adding something like humor or depth or whatever. Which you did. With pizazz.
    I was at that concert, however, and let me tell you: I was thoroughly impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this! I'm sorry that the concert wasn't that great though. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Jeffery the reed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha omg. This is so funny. I did band last year and it was horrible my worst fear was what if I squeaked during the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pristine




    Also this is so accurate. And trust me, sitting next to a dying Jeffery the reed was absolutely terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was terrifying for everyone! I bet it was absolutely horrifying for you!

      Delete
  7. I seriously can't stop laughing. I love that Clarenet player hahaha PIZZAZ hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was wnjoyable to read, but slightly stretched. True, we could have played better, and we have played better, but the concert was not so bad as to be dissatisfying. Sense I have only heard us play when I was also playing (if that makes any sense) I will say that my judgement is definitely swayed by the fact that I know (that is italized in your mind. Italicize it) that I messed up on that F sharp on the end, the concert was automatically terrible, but other than that, I'd say it was pretty good. (If I have not confused you by now, congratulations, you're special).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't bad. But we could've played much better. And we have! But in rehearsal.

      Delete
  9. Ah, I was there. I totally agree that the music was horrid compared to rehearsal.

    ReplyDelete